We pride ourselves on our Southern hospitality, relationship with our guests and providing you with a Fresh Made Mediterranean meal for you and your family so we do not sell or share your information with other companies. We want to ensure you understand how we use your information to give you the best dining experience possible. We thank you for the trust you place in us and want to provide information on what information we gather on you, how we use it, and how we plan to protect it.
Acknowledgement of Terms
By accessing or using our Site, making a transaction with us, or otherwise providing information to us, you agree to the terms of the most recent version of this Policy then in effect and posted on our Site. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time. If this Policy changes in the future, we will let you know by posting the updated policy on our Site with the most recent modification date. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our Site, our mobile app, our rewards programs, or contacting our guest services center, means you acknowledge and understand our current and updated Policy.
Collecting Personal Information
We collect information about you when you make a purchase or utilize our services in our restaurants, through our Guest Care center, through our Site, or when you provide feedback to us on our Site. The information collected may include your name, mailing and billing address, zip code, phone number, birthday, transactional information, and/or email address. We may ask for this information if you choose to participate in a survey, contest, promotion or giveaway.
You provide personal information when your browse our site, when you make a purchase on our Site and sign up for either of our rewards programs. With each sales transaction, we may collect payment information including credit/debit card information, gift card information and/or checking account information. When you make a purchase in one of our Zoes Kitchen restaurants, over the phone, online or through our mobile app, we collect transactional information related to your purchase (i.e., what you bought, the price you paid, the payment method you used, and if an offer was used). Additionally, we collect some personal information when you use other features of our Site. One example may include that we collect your email address if you sign up for our email list. Also, if you register for an online account or one of our rewards programs, then you will be asked to provide your name, email address, zip code, phone number and you will need to create a password. You may be asked to provide additional information when you use our Site to develop preferences to receive more personalized communications.
We also may use Google Analytics, which provides us with information about categories of users who visit our Site, such as number of men and women, age range, and our visitors’ general interests. These analytical tools will place cookies or other tracking technology on your computer or device to collect information about your activity related to, and usage of, the Sites. The information collected by these analytical tools will tell us things like which search engine referred you to our Sites, how you navigated around our Sites, what you purchased, and other information related to the Sites activity and usage. This information will help us to better serve you with more personalized information and product offerings. The technologies used by Google may collect information such as your IP address, time of visit, whether you are a return visitor, and any referring website. Google allows you to opt-out of some of their services by using your personal Google settings. For example, visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads. Google may provide additional information about Google Analytics and any additional Google opt-out options, and Zoes shall not be responsible for any Google policies.
How We May Use Your Information
To better serve and communicate with you, we may utilize the information you have provided to us in various ways:
- Send you personalized offers. When we know your preferences, we can send you offers and promotions that would better interest you and ones that you will be more likely to utilize.
- Complete your purchases. We use information you provide to process payments in order to help you with a speedy and fast transaction.
- Marketing purposes. We may send targeted mail or emails to you that we may think will be of interest based on past purchases.
- Improve our digital experience. When we track how you utilize our Site and mobile app, it’s easier to figure out actions and preferences. We use this information to improve our website, programs, offers and more.
Sharing Your Information and Third-Party Partnerships
We do not sell or share your personal information with other companies for their marketing efforts. On occasion, we may share information collected with select third-party companies who help assist us in our advertising and marketing efforts. For example, we may use an outside company to help us with research, or to manage a database that we use to send mail or emails.
We participate in partnerships with other companies that we believe offer products or services our guests would be interested in. For example, we may share your information with:
- Third-party service providers;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs;
- Third-party partners to fulfill orders (such as delivery)
In the event that Zoes is merged or acquired by another company, we may disclose or transfer personal information and other information about usage of our Site in the transfer. In the event of a transfer, we will notify you about the personal information being shared.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will disclose or use your personal information as described in this Policy and if we are required to comply with legal process, or a governmental inquiry, or as we otherwise believe is required by applicable law, and to protect, defend or assert legal interests or claims.
You may choose to opt into our SMS mobile text message program by going into your account settings. You can also opt out of the program in the same way.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to participate in the SMS mobile text message program.
- By participating in the program, you consent to receive future recurring automated marketing text messages to your mobile number. You also acknowledge that by participating in the SMS program, it is not required as a condition of purchase.
- Message and data rates may apply. All charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider. Zoes does not charge you for sending or receiving text messages.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile number, it is your responsibility to notify Zoes to have your number removed.
- Zoes will not be liable for delays in the receipt of any SMS messages or undeliverable messages.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, carrier’s name, date and time of your messages and other information you provide to us as part of the service. We may use this information to contact you.
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 16. We will not request information from anyone that we know is under the age of 16 without verifiable parental consent. By using our Site or mobile app you are warranting you are at least 16 years of age. If we become aware that a guest is under the age of 16 and has registered without parental contest, then we will remove their information. Additionally, you must be 18 years old to register or create an account with us. By creating an account, you represent you are at least 18 years old.
Links to Other Sites
California and Other State Law Privacy Rights
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at email@example.com or calling 844-707-6842.
California Shine the Light
Residents of the State of California and certain other states have the right to request information from Zoes regarding other companies to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for those companies’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a resident of such states and would like to make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at CAVA Data Privacy, 702 H Street NW, Second Floor, Washington, DC 20001.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and certain other states provide their residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of personal information. Certain information we collect may be exempt from these state laws because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law. To the extent that we collect personal information that is subject to the CCPA or other state laws, such information, our practices and your rights are described below.
Right to Notice Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of personal information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of personal information will be used. The categories we use to describe the information are as follows.
- Personal Identifiers
- We may collect your name, phone number, email address and contact address when you create an account or complete a transaction. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide the Sites, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
- We may collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Sites through social media.
- We may collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use our Site in order to identify you, provide the Sites, keep you logged in to the Site, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers.
- We may collect your IP address automatically when you use our Site. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of our online Site, applications, and tools, and serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- We may collect your Device ID automatically when you use our Site. We use this information to monitor your use and the effectiveness of our Site, to identify you, and to provide you with targeted information and offers.
- We may collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of gift recipient when you provide it to us upon purchase of a gift card or other similar gift.
- Protected Classifications: We may collect your age in order to comply with laws that restrict collection and disclosure of personal information belonging to minors
- Commercial Information: We may collect payment information when you provide it to us, which may include your credit card number or a bank account number, when you complete a transaction. You have the option to store this information to your account or set up a recurring transaction. We use this information to streamline and facilitate payments and transactions. When you engage in transactions with us, we may create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our Sites and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements and offers.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We may collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Site. We use this information to gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities
- Geolocation Data: As described above, we may collect your IP address or device identifier automatically when you use our Site or apps. We may be able to determine your location based on the IP address. When you use our app, we may collect your precise location (e.g., your GPS coordinates). If you allow your device to provide us with this information, we use it to make improvements to our products and services, and to provide recommendations and deliver relevant advertising.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the call. We may collect your photographic or video image when you visit one of our locations. We use this information to monitor our customer service, maintain the security of our systems and physical locations, and train employees.
- Professional or employment-related information: We may collect information about your current employer, your employment history and other background information if you apply for a job with us. We may use this information to conduct background checks and other screening activities.
- Education information: We may collect information about the institutions you have attended, the level of education you have attained and other background information if you apply for a job with us. We may use this information to conduct background checks and other screening activities.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We may collect your date of birth and other information about your preferences when you provide it to us, such as your favorite store, ordering preferences or favorites, allergen or other dietary information, or other information that you may choose to provide. We use this information to respond to your requests, improve the Sites, and send information and advertisements to you. We may analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes. On some occasions, we may add our observations to your internal profile. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, measure the appeal and effectiveness of our Sites, applications, and tools, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
We may share any of the above-listed information with service providers, which are companies that we engage for business purposes to conduct activities on our behalf. Service providers are restricted from using personal information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement. The categories of service providers with whom we share information include agencies that administer consumer promotions, analyze data, process and fulfill orders you place, and provide customer services.
We also share for value some of your information with certain third parties, as described below. To opt out of any sale or sharing for value of your information, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 844-707-6842.
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to personal information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ personal information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any personal information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ personal information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your personal information through one of these means:
- By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By calling us at 844-707-6842.
In order to process your request to know/access or delete personal information we collect, disclose, or transfer for value, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Asking you to
- provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; and / or,
- confirm your request using the email or telephone account stated in the request; or
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with applicable state laws such as the CCPA, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual complete a notarized affidavit in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Parents of minor children may submit a birth certificate in lieu of an affidavit, in order to make requests on the child’s behalf.
Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
You have the right to opt out of any sale or sharing for value of your personal information to third parties.
We may share for value your information to certain third parties. To “share for value” means to disclose it to a company for monetary or other benefit. A company may be considered a third party either because the purpose of sharing is not an enumerated business purpose under certain state laws, or because our contract does not restrict them from using personal information for other purposes.
We may share for value the following information:
- Personal Identifiers:
- We may provide your contact information to directory services providers and public safety authorities.
- We may provide your IP address and Device ID to our advertising partners, corporate affiliates, and business partners.
- All personal information may be shared with our corporate affiliates
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics:
- We may provide our observations about your browsing and purchasing characteristics to our advertising partners.
To exercise your right to opt out sharing for value of your personal information, please email email@example.com or call us at 844-707-6842
Please note that your right to opt out does not apply to our sharing of personal information with service providers, who are parties we engage to perform a function on our behalf and are contractually obligated to use the personal information only for that function.
We may also disclose information to other entities who are not listed here when required by law or to protect our Company or other persons.
Right to Information Regarding Financial Incentives
You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA or other state privacy law rights. We may run promotions from time to time whereby we incentivize a consumer to share certain pieces of personal information with us. For example, we may offer a one-time discount if consumers sign up for our email marketing list. Participation in these incentives is voluntary, and in order for us to use your personal information, you shall be required to opt in and consent at the time of sign-up to permit the sale or retention of such information.
You may ask questions, submit comments and opt out of receiving updates and other mailings from us by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail at CAVA Data Privacy, 702 H Street NW, Second Floor, Washington, DC 20001.